Friday, September 23, 2005

Welcome, ye sinners

Hello and welcome to this, the first public post on the Kingdom of Heathen. We're not quite in full gear yet, so be patient as template changes occur in the next week or so. However, we're looking forward to producing one of the finest youth atheist blogs on the Web that Stretcheth Throughout the Earth.

I'm going to ask my fellow team members to edit this post with a little information about themselves. However, Aeger is away for the weekend, so you'll have to wait for that. So, without further ado:

Seth: I'm 13, and if I remember Aeger's birthday correctly, the youngest contributor right now. I maintain a personal blog, Spoiled Honey. I'm co-editor in chief of my school's newspaper (a monthly 18-page broadsheet which attended the Democratic and Republican national conventions), so I have experience with writing.

Kele: I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school, making me the oldest here and automatically better than the other contributers! Kidding. My main interests concern atheism and religion as well as evolutionary theory. Right now, I'm aspiring to be a scientist who uses evolutionary theory (Perhaps an evolutionary biologist?) but that could possibly change if I end up liking physics a lot more. You can find my blog here.

Pyro_Shark: I'm 14 (15 in a month) year old freshman. I enjoy writing, though I don't have the journalism/writing experience Seth does. I'll post my essays here as at well as my blog: Excelsior.

Aeger: Yo. I yam a 13 year old 8th grader. As far as I can tell, Writing iz my "thing", though other interests include drawing, acting, singing, drumming, and sitting quietly on a rock in the middle of nowhere for hours at a time quietly humming "Wake Me Up When September Ends" to myself. I'm the illustrations editor for THE DAYTIME (same paper as Seth), and I also write about 2 opinion columns a month. My personal blog is Quailitude Dot Com, though it's actually Quailitude Dot Blogspot Dot Com, but that doesn't really have as much of a ring to it. Oh, and just FYI, my name is pronounced "Ashzeer", not "Ager". It means "The Light" in Latin. That's all I can think of for now, bwul.




Onwards.

Here's how I see this happening: Kele, Pyro, Aeger and I (well, and whomever else joins up) will post about religion/atheism-related topics from a teenage perspective. Basically, like our personal blogs, except without the personal stuff.

If there are any other teenage atheists out there who would like to contribute, please, let us know. We will add you.

And for everyone in general: If you have any input/feedback about template, background, and whatnot, please comment. We are open to suggestions.

Alrighty. I shall post this, plug the blog at a few other sites, then start working on the first piece of real content. Thanks for reading.

7 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job guys. I like the background. This should be a pretty cool blog.

 
At 9/24/2005 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you monsters

 
At 9/24/2005 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you monsters"

you dumb

 
At 9/24/2005 9:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eh, he was joking. I know him in real life (whoa!) and he's very amusing. Although diehard, be sure to distinguish between humor and seriousness here, 'cause it's hard to tell on the Net, and a lot of debate-prepared people are here.

 
At 9/25/2005 5:38 PM, Blogger Delta said...

Goodluck guys, I'm sure you'll do great =)

 
At 9/25/2005 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just messing around. It's more an attack on his grammar thant anything. :P

 
At 9/25/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Advocate of the Browns said...

Not really a grammar thing. "You monsters!" is an exclamation saying that people are monsters for threatening to do something. Maybe you've heard it in movies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.